Monday, March 2, 2009

Come on down!

I had yet another Dr's appointment today. My doc told me better news this week than last, but it still wasn't quite what I wanted to hear. He said she has dropped some (yay!), but that my cervix is "still pretty much the same". Boo. That stinks. This may be TMI, but he felt her head! Isn't that cool? Anywho, I asked him how big he thought she would be at birth and he estimated that she will be approximately between 6 lbs 12 oz and 7 lbs 3 oz....sooo, we shall see. Of course I know that those guesstimations are not always accurate. I then told my doctor that my husband was 9 lbs 10 oz when he was born and my doc said that I'd probably much rather give birth to a 7 lb baby than a 10 lb baby. I could not disagree with that. Anywho, that's the update until I go into labor or my doctor's appointment next week!! Whichever comes first. =)

Here's me and my little love...I'm 37 weeks and 4 days in the pic. Kristi is helping to hold up Lyla....

5 comments:

Miranda said...

Yay!!! Getting soo close now, Heather! :o) Youa re as cute as can be and I can't wait to see Lyla. Her estimated weight sounds perfect!!!

Pamela Williams said...

Hopefully she'll make her way down soon! It sounds like she's going to be a sweet little bundle of joy! A 7 lb baby seems like a MUCH easier job than a high 8 - 9 lb baby.

Mrs. J Manny said...

ok so i know that picture of you guys is only two days after i saw you but your belly does look lower, she really did drop! i know it happened one day for me. I just woke up and felt different and everyone was amazed at how she really did just drop. youre getting there...

ad that the exact same size as kennedy. she was 7.3 born and then when we left she was 6.13. they lose a little weight in the hospital, im not sure why...anyway, i cant wait!!!!!!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Okay #1 - whenever you think you are giving TMI just read my blog and you will feel better...
#2 - Holy Batman...10 lb baby...Justin was over 9 lbs too! I will pray against that!
and #3 - it really DOES look like Kristi is holding up your stomach! haha

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

YAY! Come on down Lyla, is right! I cant wait to hear what you find out at your next doc appointment! Is it Monday??? Im so excited for you and BR! She will be in your arms so soon!
ps-Im doing a good job holding her in there, huh?