Monday, March 23, 2009

March 24th

So, my last post's title was "When Will Her Birthday Be?"....well, I can officially say tomorrow March 24th at around 7:30 am.
We went to the doctor today and got an ultrasound, just to check everything because she's a week late. Everything looked great....her heartbeat, her practice breathing, her measurements (which now say she's going to weigh 8 lbs 10 oz...Holy cow!), etc... Everything except for the fact that she's Breech. My doctor then laid out the options. Option 1: We can go in tomorrow morning at 5:30 am and have a C-Section at 7:30 am or Option 2: We can go in tomorrow and he can give me an epidural and try to move her in to the correct position from the outside and then induce labor. He said the problem with Option 2 is that it can put a lot of strain on Lyla, the cord could get all wrapped around her (which he said, "could be lethal"), and it could end in a C-Section anyway. So, with all that to consider we decided to go with the C-Section. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared to death or that I didn't cry the whole way home from the doctor's office. It's all so surreal. A C-Section is not quite how I pictured this happening. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited about meeting her tomorrow (wow, that's weird to say), but I just want everything to go okay. My doctor of course spoke to us in "medical" terms and informed us that both options have risks, blah, blah, blah. Needless to say he's not that great at comforting a scared, pregnant woman. All I know is the recovery time is longer and it breaks my heart to know that it may take me awhile before I can bend down, pick her up from her crib, and comfort her without having assistance from someone. I just want her to be safe and if the only way to ensure her safety is by having a C-Section, well then that's what we'll do.
Anywho, so that's the gist of it. Tomorrow I will be a mother. I have waited so long to meet her and to know that tomorrow morning I will get to see her and hold her is just amazing. Please pray for Lyla and I and if anybody has had a C-Section, words of encouragement would be lovely! =) Oh, and of course I will post pictures as soon as we are home and settled! I can't believe tomorrow's the day I have been dreaming about for so long! =)

6 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

aw, heather...dont be scared. i know its crazy that its happening this way, and id be lying if i said i would have been crying on the way home too, but i have a couple friends who loved having c sections, and one who actually requested one for her second child. you are going to be fine tomorrow, and as for the recovery, you may need extra help from BR at first, but you will totally be able to love your baby, and thats all she will really need. and before you know it, you be all healed up and in full mommy mode! ill be praying for you all tonight and tomorrow. i cant wait to see her! oh, and i totally told you she was going to be at least 8 pounds! you are just too skinny and all belly, she's a big girl!

get a good nights sleep tonight and post pictures asap!

Miranda said...

Heather,
I have been thinking about you today and waiting to find out the news. I am so excited for y'all that tomorrow is the big day. I can totally understand why you are scared, but everything will go wonderfully! I will be praying for you and Lyla and Rhett and all the doctors and nurses. 8 pounds and 10ounces!?!? WOW!!!! I must say that those juicy 8+ pound babies are the best, but then again I am biased. Please let me know if you need anything and yay for tomorrow! :o)

Mrs. J Manny said...

oh yea, and tori spelling had a c section on television and it seemed so fine. haha, i loved watching that show...

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

HEATHER! Don't worry so much. I had a C-section with Avery and everything was perfect. Seriously! You won't have any trouble getting Lyla out of her crib as she will be on the highest level in there. You will probably end up mostly holding her in the first few days and weeks anyway! I didn't have a bad recovery at all and I had a WHOLE bunch more skin and fat to go through. haha! you will be sore, but it won't be too bad. Bring a small pillow with you so you can hold it over your belly when you cough. It REALLY helps keep you comfortable. I will be up until at least midnight tonight if you need to talk about C-sections and I will tell all! My business # is my cell. I am excited for you and Rhett and I can't wait to take pics of your sweet baby girl!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Well, I guess I'm a little late...by now you are holding and kissing that sweet baby! Your dad told Jus that she was nice and healthy and that you did good with the c-section! Good to hear! We want pictures soon!

Robin said...

I had a c-section with my first little guy and have had 2 VBACs since. My best advice is to keep your pain under control. Take your medicine when you are supposed to, even if you aren't hurting. If you wait until you're hurting, then take it, it's no good. I hope you're recovery is going well.